Thursday, March 10, 2011

Matcha green tea macarons



I absolutely love green tea. So after learning how to make macarons the right way, I decided to try my hand at green tea macarons. This was not a simple task... matcha green tea powder is somewhat hard to come by, and it tends to be pretty expensive. Nevertheless, I bought a can with my Amazon Prime account (such an enabler for impulse buys).

These turned out really well!! The matcha lends a delicate, herbal flavor to the cookie. There is matcha powder in both the shell and the ganache. The ganache I made with white chocolate, heavy cream, and matcha powder. A little on the sweet side, I think I might prefer a buttercream macaron which may be lighter. Next time!

cross-section! there are air pockets in some.. sigh.






No comments:

Post a Comment